About our 1-1s
As part of our Craigmillar-Portobello Community Mental Health Project, we can offer a small number of therapeutic one-to-one slots for children and young people. Sometimes we can offer these in schools or Craigmillar and Portobello.
- We understand the impact of trauma, adversity and disrupted attachment on development.
- We know that for some people talking won’t help and so we can adapt what we do and find other ways to help.
- We help the person to set goals for changes they want to make.
- We use creative methods to help the person understand themselves, learn about their emotions and find ways to cope with difficult feelings.
- Our therapeutic approach uses a psychosocial and psychoeducational approach
- Our workers may have counselling skills, but they may come from a range of other backgrounds too, like occupational therapy, life coaching, play/art/dance therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, or a range of other work backgrounds
- We work to form a relationship of trust
- We help the person to set goals for changes they want to make
- We use creative methods to help the person understand themselves, learn about their emotions and find ways to cope with difficult feelings
The best way to access this support is to come along to one of our drop-ins and speak to one of our workers.